How do I choose the Right Screw Cap?

Looking to use a screw cap instead of a cork?  It is crucial that you match the closure to the bottle finish. 

Continuous Thread caps are pre-formed threaded plastic or metal caps which can be manually (hand applied) screwed onto the bottle, or placed with a machine.

Roll-on-pilfer-proof caps (also called RO or ROPP) require machinery that forms the threads and attaches the cap to the bottle. They are commonly used for both wine and spirits.  The industry standard long skirted ROPP cap is the STELVIN brand cap. This easy opening, resealable closure comes with many content specific liner options and is customizeable with color, design and embossing!

Wanting to learn more? A great resource for proper closure selection is the Glass Packaging Institute website

« Back To FAQs List